Over 25 years practice in the evaluation, structuring, financing and documentation of technology investments and infrastructure projects world-wide. Experience in energy projects (wind, solar, biomass, gas, coal) of all sizes.
- Venture capital and private equity transactions
- Internal group structure issues
- Infrastructure projects: project financed structures and project documentation, including power purchase and other off-take agreements, turnkey contracts, project finance agreements, insurance, fuel supply, procurement and construction, engineering and consulting services, operations and maintenance, development agreements.
Education and Experience:
- Study of law, University of Zurich and Tokyo University, degrees lic. iur. and Dr. iur.
- Three years with Sumitomo Trust & Banking Capital Markets Department, Tokyo
- Two years with EFL, Swiss venture capital investor, Zurich
- Five years with Black & Veatch, US-based engineering firm, dealing with EPC and project finance structure, Kansas City and Hong Kong
- Five years with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Project Finance Group, in London
- Independent advisor since 2002, advising investors on project structures, risk management and general counsel functions.
- Qualified as Rechtsanwalt (attorney-at-law) and Öffentliche Urkundsperson(notary) in Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Switzerland
- Qualified as solicitor in England and Wales (not practicing)
- Member of the Swiss Arbitration Association
Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Japanese